1. Go for a bike ride on SIU campus. You can stop at Starbucks in the Stud Center first!
2. Explore the Carbondale Farmers Market.
3. Bonfire party with s’mores (more couples maybe?).
4. Board game/cards night (one of our favorites).
6. Try out some of our local restaurants (Pita Alley, Mackies, Longbranch Cafe, Harbaughs, Quatros, Thai D, New Kahala, Blend, The Flame).
7. Spend the evening at Barnes & Noble (again, coffee first).
8. Bake together.
9. Pumpkin Patch trip (Bandys or Eckerts).
10. Pizza at Turley or Evergreen Park (Frisbee or baseball catch anyone)?
11. Hiking at Giant City, Garden of the Gods or Ferne Clyffe.
12. Attend a high school sporting event or an SIU game.
13. Go to a Winery.
14. Listen to some local, live music.
15. Movie night with popcorn and cider.
16. Take a drive (with your favorite Fall drink) with no destination.
18. Berry picking.
19. Classic dinner and a movie.
20. Take a trip to the Alto Pass lookout and see Bald Knob Cross.
21. Fishing date: Crab Orchard National Wildlife has three main lakes: Crab Orchard, Little Grassy and Devil’s Kitchen.
22. Take a trip to Fort Massac.
24. Movie at Walker Bluff’s giant outdoor screen.
25. Photograph each other out in the beautiful, autumn leaves.
26. Trek across Pomona Natural Bridge.
27. Root beer saloon in Alto Pass.
28. Autumn Fest Arts and Craft Show – Nov. 13 and 14 at JALC.
30. Be artsy at Cedarhurst.
31. Walkers Bluff General Store
33. Play paint Twister.
Leave a Reply